At Torres Lawyers, we can assist you with a variety of commercial law matters. We have the practical and legal skills required to negotiate, draft and provide advice on documents which commercial clients routinely need.
Whether you are starting a business and looking for legal advice, planning to buy or sell a business, entering into a partnership or a new commercial venture or looking for assistance with commercial litigation, Torres Lawyers can provide you with plain English advice and commercially viable solutions to ensure your interests are protected and your business objectives are met. We offer practical legal solutions to individuals, small businesses and SMEs and we have sound experience across many different industries.
At Torres Lawyers we offer the following legal services for business:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business enterprise we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise.
- Business contracts: We can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of business, franchise agreements, service agreements, partnership agreements and commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future and ensure that due diligence standards are met.
- Property and leasing: We can assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Commercial law and small business legal advice: We offer small business legal help in a wide range of matters including trade practices law and consumer law.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed. We can also help you with registering designs, patents and trademarks.
Commercial Disputes / Commercial Litigation
Inevitably dispute arises between individuals and businesses. Disputes can take many forms and often another party’s action such as a breach of contract, or in many situations, inaction, such as party’s failure to act in accordance with the law, can cause you loss, whether monetary or otherwise.
Our approach is to explore alternatives to litigation wherever possible with alternate dispute resolution methods such as mediation.
If there is no alternative to litigation, at all times we are committed to acting in your best interests by providing you with strong representation and quality advice. We also have access to an experienced panel of Barristers and consultants who we engage on a variety of litigation matters.
Whether acting for plaintiffs or defendants, our aim is to consider the nature of your matter, advise you of your options and provide you with effective legal solutions in order to secure the most favourable and cost effective outcome to your dispute.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation.